I NEED A VOLUNTEER - POTENTIAL MEMBERS!
Welcome to Dufferin organizations and groups who are interested in becoming a member of volunteerdufferin.ca to build and support your volunteer base!
volunteerdufferin.ca is a collaborative, membership-based initiative involving organizations in Dufferin that rely on volunteers. This is Dufferin's first volunteer recruitment website. It is a not-for-profit site that provides free internet advertising for all community organizations and groups looking for volunteers.
The volunteerdufferin.ca website will be the visible, well promoted, 'go to' place for all residents of Dufferin who are thinking about volunteering. People will know this is the place to look! Businesses will look here to identify potential roles for their employees, and for developing private-public partnership to support community members and initiatives.
You'll want your organization to be included, so that your volunteer roles are highlighted for all to see. You can post as many opportunities as you want to, for all volunteer roles. You may not have thought about the many volunteer roles that support your organization from support and service, through coaching, fundraising and administration and Board participation. Member groups and organizations will also be able to post and to find out about training and other community events. As a member of this initiative we will grow Dufferin together. Join forces to make Dufferin a great place to live, work, contribute, connect and play!
You need Volunteerdufferin.ca to assist your organization or group:
- to have presence on the 'go to place' volunteers in Dufferin
- to recruit volunteers
- to access the skills of your community to support your activities, including the specialized skills needed by your organization
- to learn about & have access to training events and resources
- to increase what it is able to offer to the community, whether that's services, arts, culture or sports programs
- to connect and collaborate with other organizations that support Dufferin’s activities and services
- to reach and engage new audiences
- to increase access to your website and your search engine presence and exposure to corporate and business communities in Dufferin
- to schedule and promote fundraising and other events
- to promote your organization by keeping information easily available to the public on volunteerdufferin.ca
How to join?
It's easy to join! All you need to do is click on the 'Yes I'm Interested in becoming a Member' button below, and you will find the Volunteer Dufferin Membership Application Form. Then, here's what you need to do and what you can expect:
- Print and complete the Membership Application Form and send it to the address at the bottom of the form with your cheque. Make sure to note cheque details at the bottom of the form. You will see details about membership fees on the application form.
- Send by mail your completed Membership Application Form enclosing a cheque to Volunteer Dufferin P.O. Box 13 Orangeville Ontario L9W 2Z5.
- Volunteer Dufferin will let you know by email that your application and membership fee have been received.
- Volunteer Dufferin will review your application to ensure that it is complete.
- Volunteer Dufferin will send you a welcome and information package and let you know how to get the best out of membership for your organization.
- You will be given approval to register as an organization, and can start posting opportunities and using the member area for communicating with other organizations and for posting events right away!
Who can join?
Your organization or group can join if:
- You offer services, supports, activities or opportunities for Dufferin residents to contribute to the work you do to serve, enrich and build the community
- You need volunteers and your volunteers need training and support
- You are willing to pay a modest membership fee
- You are willing to keep your organization's information and volunteer postings accurate and up to date
- You are committed to responding to potential volunteers who contact you about opportunities you have posted
- You are willing to adhere to the principles and practices of the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement.
- You want to support capacity building and volunteerism in Dufferin
You can find details about the membership fees for your organization on the Membership Application Form. Fees are for the calendar year, January 1 - December 31 annually. You will receive a reminder that your annual fee is due one month before your paid membership period is completed. Note: Should you subscribe after the first half of the calendar year, consideration for extending your membership period may be given, upon approval of the Board.'Yes I'm Interested in becoming a Member'